Monday, July 29, 2013

Good Morning!!


Yesterday's church service was 3 hours long!!! It was awesome!!! A powerful English speaking Nigerian was in town and preached a great sermon. The church was right on the beach and we could see the ocean along with the northern cost of Haiti across the bay. We then went back to the orphanage that we have been going to daily. I taught my lesson on the process of becoming a christian as far as how Christ transforms us into new people. We then played with the kids for the last time on this trip. Leaving was very emotional as many of the kids and team members were crying. In just 4 days we had become a family. After that we came back to the house and relaxed. I got to play basketball in the evening for the 3rd time out on the street. Playing with an American must be rare because they go crazy any time I score (one guy even asked me to sign the ball after I scored on him). We then had to scramble back to the house because a huge storm came in and it rained so hard for a while. Last night James and I (one of our translators and the only other guy with us yesterday) slept very well. We woke up to an evangelist in the street who was most likely touched by yesterdays message and wanted to spread the word. The house has open windows so it is very easy to here everything that is going on around us. Today we are going to a new orphanage in the countryside which will be my first time seeing what the countryside is like in Haiti. So far this trip has been so much more than I imagined. Leaving is going to be very hard but for now we are having an awesome time! 

P.S. The way Haitians drive is awesome but completely insane. My little sister would be a very good driver here. People just walk in the street and the cars go around and cars go on the other side of the road more than their own side. It is easy to get used to and not so efficient but to them it is normal. 

---CORY

1 comment: